Evaporative Air Coolers
Professional Quality Evaporative Air Coolers Manufacturer in China since 2003. Evaporative air coolers, also called swamp coolers, are evaporating water into the air provides a natural and energy-efficient means of cooling. They are cooling outdoor air by passing it over water-saturated pads, causing the water to evaporate into it. The cooler air is then directed into the house and pushes warmer air out through windows.
What is Evaporation?
There are some very active molecules in liquids flying out of the liquid surface and becomes vapor molecules when the air is unsaturated, this is evaporation.
The molecules must have heat taken while flying out of the liquid into vapor. This heat is taken from the water that remains in the liquid state when evaporation occurs. It results in cooler liquid water. Evaporative cooling is a universal natural phenomenon. For example, in summer, we would feel cool when the wet arm exposes to the air. It is because of the evaporation of water, which absorbs heat to cool our body, but not temperature shift. We feel cool if we sweat or sponge the body with alcohol. It is also because of evaporative cooling. In fact, evaporative cooling is a powerful and economical cooling technology.
There are four main factors affecting evaporation:
- Firstly, the relative humidity. There are always some molecules that fly out of the water into vapor molecules as long as the relative humidity of air is lower than 100% saturation. The lower the relative humidity, the faster the evaporation.
- Secondly, the temperature of the water, The higher the temperature of the water, the faster the water will be, the more easily it will be evaporated into the air.
- Thirdly, the air velocity. The vapor molecules may return liquid water because of the collision with other vapor molecules. If the air flows fast, the vapor molecules have less chance to return, resulting in more evaporation
- Fourthly, the surface area. The molecular number near to air increases when the liquid surface area enlarges, more molecules may fly out of the liquid. Consequently, liquid surface area increases, evaporating faster.
Features of evaprative air cooler
- Energy efficiency, sustainability, and cost-saving: It is due to the fact that evaporative coolers use far less electricity to operate. This is because, in general, evaporative coolers only need to run the fan that draws airflow over the cooling pad. On the other hand, standard air conditioning systems, rely on a compressor to press liquid refrigerant into a smaller space and then move it across a heat exchanger to pull heat out of the air. This process requires a great deal of electricity to accomplish, in addition to running the fan that sends cold air out into the room.
- Eco-friendly: It should also be noted that evaporative coolers use only water and no chemical refrigerants, which are harmful to the ozone layer. Choosing an air cooler means protecting the environment.
- The cooling efficiency is related to evaporation efficiency.
- Evaporation efficiency is mainly affected by Environment RH and Environment Temperature.
- Evaporation efficiency is inversely proportional to Environment RH.
- Evaporation efficiency is directly proportional to Environment Temperature.
What is an evaporative air cooler?
An Evaporative Air Cooler is a type of air conditioner that uses the principle “evaporation causes cooling”, and it works by utilizing the power of evaporation to cool air temperature. but it adds technology to make the process more efficient, not just spraying a room with water and hoping for the best.
Industrial Air Coolers for Factory
Due to the powerful cooling and ventilation function, more and more factories choose to use industrial air coolers, which is elegant in appearance and obvious in effect. The most important thing is to save electricity.
Industrial Air Cooler for Warehouse
Industrial air coolers are suitable for working in a warehouse environment with a large space area and few operators. Ventilation and cooling is very important for a warehouse.
Industrial Air Cooler for Workshop
Industrial air coolers are installed on the external walls of high-rise buildings. The most important thing is to ensure safe and stable operation and reduce the risk of maintenance personnel working at heights. The RTFANS central control system is just a perfect solution.
Industrial Air Cooler for Large Spaces
RTFANS Industrial air coolers can be installed in other large space areas besides of factor and warehouse applications. It can be installed separately or combine together with RTFANS other ventilation and ventilation products such as hvls fans and exhaust fans, which we call a “fan & cooler combo” system. To know more about this system please visit our “fan & cooler combo” page.